World Kindness Day is celebrated on November 13th each year.
Started in 1997 by the World Kindness Movement, a collection of humanitarian groups dedicated to the betterment of all peoples.
World Kindness Day is to highlight good deeds in the community focusing on the positive power and the common thread of kindness for good which binds us.
According to Gulf News, "it is a day that encourages individuals to overlook boundaries, race and religion."
At Malecki Financial Group, we believe in promoting ethics, education, and a people-first approach, all rooted in kindness for one another.
Did you know that there is a link between kindness and money?
According to a study conducted by the Panel Study of Income Dynamics, the top 25% of respondents that cared the most about others had both the most children and the highest income of all respondents!
While we can’t teach you how to be more compassionate in this short blog post, we can share how you can use kindness for your own finances!
If you are looking to share the wealth, and are making some charitable contributions for World Kindness Day, check out our article “Year-End Charitable Gifting and You”. The right moves could potentially bring more of a benefit to both you and your chosen charity. (Hello tax deductions! Click on the link above to learn more).
You can be kind to others. You can be kind to yourself. You can also be kind to your wallet!
How we give back to our community:
Kindness doesn't stop at personal benefits; it extends to enriching our communities. Malecki Financial Group, we are committed to promoting financial literacy!
Education builds knowledge, and knowledge builds confidence.
It's the key to achieving independence, reducing stress, and taking steps toward a brighter future. Unfortunately, many individuals lack access to proper financial education, leaving them vulnerable to poor financial choices and, ultimately, hardship.
We aren’t just sharing information.
We are creating opportunities!
How can I celebrate World Kindness Day?
As we celebrate World Kindness Day, we encourage you to take part in acts of kindness, both big and small. Whether it's supporting a local charity, volunteering your time, or simply showing kindness to a neighbor, these actions can have a profound impact on the world around you.
- Support a Local Charity: Consider making a financial contribution to a local charity or non-profit organization. Even a small donation can make a significant impact on their mission.
- Pay It Forward: The next time you're in a coffee shop or at a drive-thru, pay for the order of the person behind you. This simple act can create a chain reaction of kindness.
- Volunteer Your Time: Find a local organization or cause that resonates with you and volunteer your time. Whether it's helping at a food bank, cleaning up a park, or visiting a nursing home, your time is a precious gift.
- Write Thank-You Notes: Take a moment to write thank-you notes to people who have made a positive impact in your life. Expressing gratitude is a heartfelt act of kindness.
- Listen Actively: Show kindness by being a good listener. Sometimes, all someone needs is a listening ear and a compassionate heart.
World Kindness Day is a reminder that we are all here together. Whether you choose to invest in compassion for yourself or extend it to others, kindness pays off, leaving a trail of positivity and goodwill.
If you do nothing else today, give someone a smile.
Kindness starts with you!